On this page:
- What is a FDA 483 and how to respond
- How Emergo can help you recover from a FDA 483 or Warning Letter
No medical device or IVD manufacturer wants to receive a Form 483 and/or Warning Letter from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Officially, the FDA Form 483 is referred to as "Notice of Inspectional Observations." The 483 is issued by the FDA field investigator after an on-site inspection and lists deficiencies in your quality system. The observations contained in every Form 483 are based on the inspector's interpretation of the regulations as they relate to your operational GMP quality system.
The field inspector will submit the finalized 483 to his/her superiors; based on the severity of the findings, an FDA Warning Letter may be issued to your firm.
You must respond to the 483 promptly and identify your course of action to correct the findings within a timeframe specified by the FDA. A detailed response for each item addressed in the 483 will also be required. The quality and promptness of your response to this letter are extremely important.
Emergo can help you respond to an FDA Form 483 or Warning Letter.
Emergo can assist you in preparing an effective response to an FDA Form 483. We can provide you with direction to ensure your GMP quality system is in full compliance with the regulations. As part of our services, we will:
- Analyze the findings of the FDA Form 483 and/or Warning Letter.
- Chart a course of action for your company.
- Propose "Corrective Actions" to be made to your quality system.
- Suggest an appropriate timeline to satisfy the FDA.
- Assist in implementing corrective actions in response to FDA Form 483.
- Be available to answer all questions from you or the FDA during your efforts to correct the noted deficiencies.
Emergo has worked with numerous medical device and IVD companies to formulate proper responses to FDA 483 and Warning Letters.