The healthcare system in Peru has improved significantly over the past two decades. Peru’s nationwide health programs and expansion plans for public health centers, private clinics and hospitals have created the need for a wide range of medical devices.
The Peruvian medical device market relies primarily on imports, providing an excellent opportunity for manufacturers looking to enter the market.
When considering medical device distribution in Peru, it may be tempting to find distributors on the internet or at trade shows such as Hospitalar. However, it’s important to consider that choosing the wrong distributor can lead to missed sales opportunities, poor relationships with end users and a damaged brand name.
Working with experienced distribution consultants ensures that Peruvian distributors are evaluated objectively, with your specific business needs in mind.
Distributor search and selection process
Emergo has years of experience in South America working with medical device manufacturers to research, analyze and select new distribution partners. Our two-step approach to distributor selection includes:
1. Peru market potential and market entry strategy
- Inventory of competing products on the market.
- Determination of DIGEMID compliance requirements.
- Optimal service and logistics structure, if needed.
2. Medical device distributor qualification and selection
- Creation of an ideal medical supply distributor profile.
- Use of Emergo database to determine distributors within Peru.
- Intensive screening of medical device distributors, including an evaluation of experience and service level.
- In-depth interviews to determine qualified medical distribution candidates.
- On-site evaluations of medical distributors.
- Final distributor selection by client based on our analysis.
Work with our team of South American distribution specialists
Our team of experienced consultants can help you choose the right distributors for your medical devices. Here’s what we offer:
- Extensive experience in regulatory and quality assurance issues, including DIGEMID compliance.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Peruvian medical device market and business culture.
- Optional ongoing distributor network management to ensure distributors are maximizing the potential for your products in every city where you have representation.
- Multilingual capabilities.
Please contact us for more information on finding and qualifying medical distributors in Peru.