The European market is the largest consumer and industrial market in the world. The European Union (EU) has a total population exceeding 500 million.
The European medical technology market comprises 30% of the world market. With an aging population, this market has attractive growth potential and is the recipient of almost half of all US medical technology exports. The largest European markets are Germany, France, UK, Italy, and Spain (“BIG 5”). Combined, the “BIG 5” countries account for more than 60% of the total EU population and more than 70% of the total EU GDP.
Looking to find new medical distributors in Germany, France, Italy, Spain, the UK or other countries in Europe? Emergo helps medical device manufacturers research and select medical distributors throughout Europe and other international markets in North America, Latin America, South America, Middle East, and Asia Pacific.
Our approach to establishing medical device distribution extends far beyond simply doing searches online. We have a two-step process to ensure that potential distributors are objectively evaluated based on your needs. We offer the following services for medical device and IVD companies:
1. Market strategy for your medical device or IVD
- Healthcare market in general (structure, number of hospitals, demographics, etc.)
- Market of medical devices and trends
- Procurement of medical products
- Adoptability of New Devices
- Reimbursement system (if applicable)
- Competitors/competing technologies
- Market Strategy of key competitors
- Profiles of market leaders
- Relevant Associations and Events
- Conclusions and Recommendations
2. Two-Step Medical distributor qualification and selection
- Thorough screening of distributors based on client needs.
- Intensive qualification of medical distributors and evaluation of their experience, service level, etc.
- Intensive one-on-one distributor interviews to determine a "short list" of qualified candidates.
- On-site evaluation of "short list" distributors, if needed.
- Assist with client’s final selection through by further qualification via conference calls, scheduling onsite visits, contract negotiations, and checking referencesclient based on comfort level and Emergo analysis.
- If necessary, Emergo can accompany the client for these onsite meetings
- Manage the selected distributors on behalf of the client.
Our team of medical distribution specialists offers you:
- Professional service dedication to the medical devices industry.
- Wide-ranging experience in regulatory and quality assurance issues including ISO 13485:2003 quality system implementation and more.
- Multilingual capabilities including English, Dutch, French, Japanese, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Czech and German.
- Extensive knowledge of the European national markets.
- Knowledge of the European way of doing business.
- Multi-disciplinary network (i.e. taxation, legal, commercial, logistics, commercial real estate, etc.).
Contact us for more information on finding and qualifying medical distributors in specific European countries.
(Please tell us which specific countries in Europe you wish to enter first.)