Emergo has extensive experience working with medical device manufacturers to research and qualify new distribution partners throughout Colombia, including the main cities of Bogotá, Medellín and Cali.
Colombia has a population of 47 million, highly ranked hospitals and international recognition for specialized treatment in oncology, cardiology, neurology and orthopedics. Colombia also relies heavily on medical device imports, providing an excellent opportunity for manufacturers looking to enter the market.
It is important to choose a reputable distributor when entering the Colombian market, as the wrong one can lead to missed sales opportunities, poor relationships with end users and a damaged brand name. Working with experienced consultants ensures that distributors are chosen objectively and evaluated with your specific business needs in mind.
Distributor Search and Selection Process
Emergo can help you research, analyze and select the best medical device distributors in Colombia. Our two-step approach to distributor selection includes:
1. Colombian market potential and market entry strategy
- Creation of ideal medical supply distributor profile.
- Analysis of geographical regions within Colombian market that should be entered first.
- Inventory of competing products on the market.
- Determination of INVIMA compliance requirements.
- Use of Emergo database to determine distributors in specified regions.
- Optimal service and logistics structure, if needed.
2. Medical supply distributor qualification and selection
- Thorough pre-qualification of Colombian distributors.
- Intensive screening of medical device distributors, including an evaluation of experience and service level.
- In-depth interviews to determine qualified medical distribution candidates.
- On-site evaluations of Colombian medical distributors.
- Final distributor selection by client based on our analysis.
Why Choose Emergo?
With our South American offices and team of experienced consultants on-site in Colombia, we can help you choose the right distributors for your medical devices. Here’s what we offer:
- Extensive experience in regulatory and quality assurance issues, including National Food and Drug Surveillance Institute (INVIMA) compliance.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Colombian medical device market and business culture.
- Optional ongoing distributor network management to ensure distributors are maximizing the potential for your products in every city where you have representation.
- Multilingual capabilities.
Please contact us for more information on finding and qualifying medical distributors in Colombia.