Emergo Podcast: Medical Device Distribution in Europe
Although the European Union has a uniform process, CE Marking, in place to allow registration and marketing of medical devices across all member states, distribution of devices requires regional expertise. In this Emergo podcast, we explain how to identify and vet European device distributors.
Edgar Kasteel, Senior Manager at Emergo’s distribution center based in The Netherlands covers issues including:
- Different types of distributors operating in Europe
- National versus regional business and cultural considerations
- Device distribution for domestic versus foreign companies
- Whether to launch your distribution strategy in a secondary versus top-tier European market
- Pros and cons of regional versus national or international distribution strategies
Additional information can be found in our whitepaper on European distributor selection and qualification.